Our culture is what makes us unique. It's our "secret weapon" to success. It is a combination of our vision and our philosophy of putting "employees first." We know that without excellent and high-performing employees we will not be able to provide outstanding service to our customers, shareholders or communities. Here, we call our culture Firstpower. Firstpower is how we do business. It is the attitude of ownership and teamwork each employee brings to the job every day. All employees are company owners and as owners we:
- Respectfully and constructively share our opinions, encourage openness, invite fresh ideas and seek solutions that create positive change,
- Embrace purposeful change to build a stronger, more efficient company,
- Recognize that a job well done is the first order of business,
- Are empowered to take care of our customers, internal and external,
- Foster an inclusive workplace where every employee has the opportunity to demonstrate high performance, and
- Create a flexible work environment so we can embrace both our personal lives and responsibilities at work.
Focused on Employees
Our company has a philosophy of focusing on employees. Why? Because it's the right thing to do and it's a business strategy. While other companies may focus on customers or shareholders first, we've learned that a focus on high-performing employees will benefit all the groups we serve – our customers, our shareholders and our communities.
Our Work-Life Commitment
At our company, teams work together to create a flexible work environment so employees can embrace both their personal lives and responsibilities at work. This commitment has been recognized by Working Mother magazine for eleven consecutive years and by AARP magazine for eight consecutive years.
The most respected regional financial services company with the best people empowered to build enduring customer relationships. Our vision will be accomplished by adhering to our long-standing core values:
We hire, retain and develop the best people, ensuring that every employee has the opportunity to demonstrate high performance and succeed. We nurture our Firstpower culture as our competitive advantage.
As one enterprise, we exhibit an uncommon ability to work together, based on interdependence and trust.
As owners, we take individual responsibility for our overall success.
When we identify a goal, we are committed to getting it done. We execute with speed and diligence, and take pride in going above and beyond.
Knowing our Customers.
We create value and build loyalty by understanding and exceeding the expectations of customers in our target markets.
Doing the Right Thing.
We have the courage to make decisions and take actions based on personal and professional integrity.